- About Us
- Programs & Resources
- Ministry & Personnel
- Property & Finance
- Contact Us
Finances for Healthy Congregations
Welcome to the Finance Hub of British Columbia Conference. Here you will find: Funds administered by BC Conference Grants Committee, Other sources of Funding, Other Finance Information.
The following funds are administered by the BC Conference Grants Committee:
Van Dusen Fund
The Van Dusen Fund exists for existing programs and new initiatives of United Church congregations and related entities. These programs and initiatives will further the goals of the British Columbia Conference in the areas of healthy congregations, supporting effective ministries and encouraging faithful public witness. Regarding grants for 2010: due to the reduction in available funds, only congregations and presbyteries are invited to apply for consideration.
The Imagine Fund
The Imagine Fund exists to assist individuals to apply for grants to attend Educational Events related to Faith and Leadership Development. Grants are given to those Youth and Young Adults most in need who may not be able to participate in events unless they receive this grant. The Grants committee will consider the question: how will this experience enhance the ministry by and for Youth and Young Adults and encourage their involvement in the life of the United Church of Canada. Proposals must clearly address the goals of the British Columbia Conference of healthy congregations, effective leadership and faithful public witness. The Imagine Fund is available for Youth and Young Adults aged 13-25.
Congregational Learning Fund for Leaders
The Congregational Learning Fund for Leaders exists to support leadership development events (courses and workshops) for lay leaders and ministry personnel. These events will focus on the goals of the British Columbia Conference of healthy congregations, effective leadership and faithful public witness. Events that meet the established criteria are eligible for grants.
The ProVisions funds have been established by BC Conference to benefit Presbyteries that have sold properties. Each Presbytery determines their own criteria for distribution of these funds. Currently there are ProVision Funds for the following presbyteries:
- ProVision Fund of Vancouver-Burrard Presybtery
- ProVision Fund of Westminister Presbytery
- ProVision Fund of Comox-Nanaimo Presbytery
- ProVision Fund of Fraser Presbytery
Pearl Griffen Fund (for Youth Leaders)
Mission Support Grants (contact your Presbytery Home Missions Convenor)
National Church Loans and Grants that include the following:
- Capital Assistance Programmes call the Conference Office (604) 431-0434 or 1-800-934-0434
- Flexible Initiative Grants provide seed money to United Church theological schools or programs for new initiatives.
- Technology Grants for United Church pastoral charges and outreach ministries.
- Vision Fund supports innovative, creative, and new congregational Youth and Young Adult ministry in The United Church of Canada.
- Watkins Fund for Senior Adults.
Other Finance Information