- About Us
- Programs & Resources
- Ministry & Personnel
- Property & Finance
- Contact Us
Property & Finance
In BC Conference the Executive Secretary is responsible for Conference Budget and Conference Property. Assisting him in this is the Finance Council, the Property Development Council along with Conference Staff: Nellie Tang and Beth Wertz. David Nanton is on contract. Jane Harding is on contract for Stewardship.
The Conference Home Missions Committee is responsible for
- reviewing requests from Presbyteries for financial assistance toward budgets of Pastoral Charges, special ministries, and institutions within their jurisdiction, and
- making decisions within nationally established guidelines regarding the distribution of resources made available by General Council working units;
- making recommendations to the appropriate General Council working unit regarding the expenditure of funds for the purchase and maintenance of Real Property for which the unit has responsibility; and
- making recommendations to the appropriate General Council working unit regarding loan and grant requests from the Capital Assistance Fund of the appropriate General Council working unit.
The Property Development Council is responsible for the purchase and sale of Conference Property.
The Stewardship Committee is responsible
- to give leadership to the Conference, with the co-operation of the Conference Committees relating to the General Council working units, in initiating and developing plans for raising the Mission and Service Fund by cultivating approved methods of church finance, and promoting knowledge of the work of the United Church and its General Council working units through all the media at its disposal;
- to ensure that the proportions of money spent locally and regionally in relation to the amount provided for the wider work of the United Church through the Mission and Service Fund are kept in perspective and under review within the Presbyteries, and to consult periodically with the Convenors of Stewardship Committees of the Presbyteries to this end;
- to ensure that the principles and practice of Christian stewardship are promoted in the Presbyteries and their Pastoral Charges. This shall be done in consultation with the Conference Committee on Education for Mission;
- to consult with the Convenors of the Stewardship Committees in the Presbyteries concerning the dissemination of information and the stimulation of the use of study materials available through the relevant General Council working units; and
- to present to the Conference the plans and policies of the relevant General Council working units, for information.