Our Work as a Presbytery - Ministry Teams
Full Meetings of Presbytery
In Spring and Fall each year the Presbytery gathers to conduct the business of the Presbytery, to worship and to form community.
Who Attends the Full Meetings
All members of Presbytery are expected to attend, this includes:
- all paid accountable ministry personnel
- lay representatives from each pastoral charge
- lay elected members-at-large
Structure of Presbytery Meetings
- The "work" of Presbytery is mainly done in various Ministry Teams between Full Meetings;
- The Planning and Visioning Team (PVT) acts like an executive, but with a forward focus;
- Presbytery meetings address the big questions: education and support; discerning our mission and our future;
- periods of worship throughout the weekend are offered by members of various pastoral charges;
- although it tends to be a busy, full agenda, there is a free period scheduled for Saturday after lunch;
- programs for Youth Delegates intermingle with Full Court program
- delegates are expected to stay until adjournment after Sunday Worship.
Choosing a Team & Spirit Given Gifts
Each Presbytery Member is expected to participate on atleast one Presbytery "Ministry Team". The Nomination Ministry Team tries to match each member of Presbytery to a Ministry Team based upon "Spirit Given Gifts". Therefore each delegate must complete this survey. The Spirit Giving Giving website provides a very comprehensive description of this questionaire.
You can email or send your confidential response to the convenor of the Nominations Team; your results will be kept confidential.